- Are you interested in general international law as well as the jurisprudence of international courts and tribunals, in particular the International Court of Justice (ICJ)?
- Are you advanced in your legal studies and want to become an expert in international law / international relations?
- Do you want to delve into a fictional, highly topical case and defend your State as a lawyer before the ICC?
- Do you want to improve your legal writing by drafting written memorials and to enhance your rhetorical skills by getting the chance to answer tough questions by highly qualified lawyers of all over the world?
- Do you want to and take part in the Benjamin Telders Law Moot Court Competition (TMC), travel to Budapest for two Pre-Moot events and compete against teams from all across Europe before the ICJ in The Hague during the finals?
If you can answer most of these questions with a clear and convincing "Yes, absolutely!", do not hesitate and apply now for the Praktika Telders Moot Court I-III (each taught by Univ. Prof. Dr. Erika De Wet, and Mag. Anna Lena Hörzer) to have the chance to participate in the Telders Moot Court Competition 2023.
Altogether, the three Moot Court courses in the winter and summer semester amount to 6 Sst./18 ECTS and qualify as a "Spezialisierungsschwerpunkt" in the new curriculum.
Apart from the coaching sessions, rhetorical training and many other practice possibilities in Graz, this year's team will have the unique opportunity to go on three excursions for the first time:
- Pre-Moot Workshop in Budapest (12-14 October 2022)
- Pre-Moot Court Friendly Practices in Budapest (Spring 2023)
- TMC Final Rounds in The Hague (14-17 June 2023)
Participation in all three courses and excursions is compulsory. A maximum of four students will be selected as TMC team members of the University of Graz.
In order to apply, please provide us with the following documents (in English):
- curriculum vitae and
- a letter of motivation
Both documents shall be sent to voelkerrecht(at)uni-graz.at and to Manuela.rusz(at)uni-graz.at indicating „TMC 2022/23“ as the subject matter by 30 September 2022 (ATTENTION: new deadline)! Separate interviews will be held in autumn if necessary.
Further information on the courses, moot courts in general and previous editions can be found here.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and to potentially welcome you as a team member of the 46th TMC Competition!